ABOUT Silver LINIGS
Silver Linings, a Not for profit organization, works towards inclusive education for blind children, hostel for blind girls, empowerment of blind girls/women, facilitating reduction of preventable blindness, inclusion of people with disability into mainstream, Gender and the citizen at large.
Preeti Monga, herself blind since childhood, Founder Trustee & CEO of Silver Linings, recipient of many prestigious awards including the National Award in 2013 from the President of India, has been singlehandedly working towards improving lives; directly/indirectly impacting millions through her unremitting and arduous efforts for the last 3 decades now!
Silver Linings was formally registered in June of 2006: and has been instrumental in improving lives of thousands of disabled and non disabled people, through its various innovative and effective projects!
To provide quality services to visually impaired children, with focus on visually impaired girls/women! To promote inclusive education and make available relevant trainings, along with hygienic residential facility for visually impaired female students! To work towards encouraging and convincing mainstream society to create employment and self-employment opportunities for all visually impaired people!
To Motivate and work towards, achieving complete Inclusion and Dignity, for the visually impaired! to inspire every human being, to live life to its fullest, to remain positive and to help them achieve their maximum potential!
Help us achieve our goal by making a contribution
Our Social Initiatives are:
- Providing quality and secure hostel facility for blind girls/women, along with giving them relevant trainings so they can become productive and dignified citizens of the mainstream society
- To make all possible efforts to ensure that all our students and trainees achieve complete financial, personal and social self-dependence.
- Preparing and integrating visually impaired children into mainstream schools for providing them with inclusive education.
- Facilitating and promoting Cornea Retrieval, to help drastically reduce numbers of, curable and preventable Corneal Blindness.
- Employment of people with disabilities in the private/corporate sector.
- Creating and promoting an inclusive society for people belonging to diverse groups, as well as for persons with disabilities.
- Facilitating and nurturing Visually Impaired Females, to amalgamate and thereafter flourish in the mainstream!
- Providing Trauma Counseling for newly disabled persons